Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bridal Hangers - Good Alternative to $20 Etsy Wire Hangers

Let's face it: weddings are expensive! With thousands of dollars spent on the venue, dinner, a photographer, and every other necessary vendor, very little is left over for the adorable little details... Like the wire hangers that are so popular on Pinterest and Etsy:


They're adorable, and I'm still toying with the idea of buying one for my wedding dress, but they're about $20 a piece! Several tutorials on Pinterest offer step-by-step instructions for creating your own, but with a future last name that contains lots of a's and n's, I'm not confident in my abilities to bend the wire so that it looks as professional and smooth as those available on Etsy. So today, I created a great, cost effective alternative! I made four bridal hangers, one for each of my bridesmaids, for just less than $25!

I used the following:

Wooden hangers from Ikea in Black (Pack of 8) - $4.99 - Ikea also carries the hangers in a lighter colored wood, but I liked the contrast of the black hanger against the white details


White, sparkly letter stickers from Hobby Lobby - $4.99


White flowers from Hobby Lobby - $2.99 Each - The flowers are technically hair clips, but they worked out really well! An even more cost effective option would be to purchase some ribbon and create bows, but I preferred the flowers!


 Add some hot glue, and here is the end result:



I'm really happy with how these turned out! Thanks for reading and please stop back soon!

xoxo,

Kara

1 comment:

Carol said...

What a creative idea! I look forward to reading your new blog!